Elpha Secure's Privacy Pledge
We take your data privacy and security very seriously.
Information Collected By Elpha Secure
Personal information: In some cases, we collect information that you may choose to provide to us, and in other cases we may collect personal information automatically. In other cases, we may collect information about you under the authority and direction of our customers that are corporate entities.
Information collected through our website: Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. We may, for example, ask you to provide your contact details (such as your name, email address, and phone number) if you request a demonstration from us, or if you otherwise contact us by email using a contact form on the website. To access certain features of the website, we may collect login credentials to verify user authorization to access such features.
Information collected when you communicate with us: We collect personal information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence with us, including via email, mail, fax, or other means.
Information collected from our customers: We may collect personal information about you as a representative of our customers, which may be corporate entities, including business contact information such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username, and password, in the course of providing you with the requested services. We also may acquire personal information in other limited situations, such as for technical support requests or for product improvement purposes. We process such data strictly in line with the agreements in place with such customers, and such customers determine which information to upload.
Job applicants: We may also collect your contact details (such as your name, phone number, email address, and address) and employment details if you send us a CV, resume, or other details of your employment history in connection with an Elpha Secure job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
Office visitors: If you visit our offices, we may ask you to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival. We may ask you to show proof of your identity. Additionally, to ensure the safety and security of our employees and to protect our confidential information against unauthorized access, our offices may use cameras to record video and audio at our offices’ access points and common-area corridors.
Information We Collect Automatically
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies set by the website owner are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when you visit the website in question and also when you visit certain other websites.
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enables us to recognize when someone has visited our website. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Our website may utilize cookies to collect information about your website activities and to recall the personal information you previously shared with us. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Blocking cookies may result in a lower quality experience for you while you are visiting the website.
Information We Obtain From Third Party Sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including content syndication vendors, data aggregators, and advertisers), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. The types of information we collect from third parties may include name, company, role, location, and topics of interest, and we may use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you and to communicate with you about any relevant products or services.
How Collected Information Is Used
The information that Elpha Secure collects automatically through cookies and other similar technologies is used for analytics purposes, marketing, and sales efforts to better target advertisements and other content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience. The information is also used to predict responses to advertisements and to help determine which advertisements perform best and which content is most appropriate for different individuals.
The personal information that you voluntarily provide to us or is otherwise provided to us by our customers may be used to offer you requested services, to manage your account and to respond to your inquiries, to provide support to our customers, and to improve and develop our products and services. Your information may also be used for marketing purposes. This use may result in follow-up communications from Elpha Secure in accordance with your communications preferences. In addition, as discussed in the section above, that information may be combined with information collected from other sources to assist with targeting advertisements to your preferences and behaviors and with other Elpha Secure sales and marketing efforts.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information (European Economic Area Or The United Kingdom Visitors Only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To any law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) to comply with applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Your Choice And Rights
You have the following data protection choice and rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below and by providing us with the name of the service for which information was supplied, your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address so that we may identify you.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt out of any marketing communications we might send you at any time. If you no longer wish to receive any newsletters, surveys, or promotional communications we may send via email, you may opt out of such communications and follow the instructions provided to unsubscribe. You can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below. Please be aware that even after you opt out from receiving any such marketing communications, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us – for example, in relation to other services you have requested from us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to fulfill your orders or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete it; if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will store your personal information securely and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) gives California residents certain rights as described below. For this section, we use the terms “personal information” and “sale” as those terms are defined in the CCPA.
- You have the right to request a copy of the categories or specific pieces of personal information that Elpha Secure collects, uses, shares, or sells about you.
- You have the right to request that Elpha Secure delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- You have the right to request to opt out from the sale of your personal information. Because Elpha Secure does not sell your personal information, you do not need to exercise this right.
Your rights are subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA – for example, when it is necessary to perform or produce evidence that a transaction or contract complies with a legal obligation or when a consumer’s identity cannot be verified.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To make a CCPA request, you can:
- Call us at (845) 248-0955.
- Email us at email@example.com using “CCPA Request” in the subject line.
Your request must (1) provide sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (2) describe your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity and complete your request.
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
Other California Resident Rights
Under California law, a California resident who has provided Elpha Secure with personal information is entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that Elpha Secure has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In accordance with California law, Elpha Secure will, in response to your written request, provide you with the means to choose not to have your information shared.
California residents may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are required to respond to only one request per individual per year and are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
Updates To This Policy